Pages

Saturday, March 25, 2017

Bead Soup Blog Party!

Sorry for the short, delayed post, I'm having some technical difficulties, just the perfect end to the perfect week. I stepped into the twilight zone on Sunday...and I'm not too certain I ever left.  Long story short, I finally got photo uploads to work, but no links as of yet.

Anywhoo....who wants to party?
Bead Soup Blog Party! Hosted by Lori Anderson of www.prettythingsblog.com decided it was time for another BSBP, and I couldn't pass it up.

What I received from Cheri Reed of www.creativedesignsbycheri.blogspot.com:
Based on the signature on the back, I believe the ceramic pendant and beads are from Gaea of www.Gaea.cc, also included were some blue Czech crystals.


What I made:


What it looks like on me...'cause I'm keeping it, thanks Cheri.
I really don't string much, mostly because I have a tendency to hurt myself with jeweler's tools, for me needle and thread are much safer. However, I made several attempts at other designs but kept coming back to this:

I added glass pearls, Tiaria crystals, and Cultured Sea Glass from www.znetshows.com. After looking at it here, I think it needs some mermaid's treasures...

This is what I sent Cheri:


I can't post the list, and my links don't spear to work currently, so I'll have to update this post later using another device. If you'd like to hop along with us, Lori has the list up on her blog that I mentioned at the top, which you can copy and paste to your browser.

Happy hopping!

20 comments:

  1. Hi Klaudete, You necklace looks great on you. You made good use of your swap beads.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful necklace. Those bead colors are the perfect accent. Enjoy wearing it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your necklace is so pretty, I can see why you are keeping it. Love the colors, and it looks great on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous piece! I love how you pulled colours from the pendant to create this asymmetrical beauty. I can see why you want to keep and wear this one often.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your necklace is great. Your choice of main color (pink vs. blue was perfect) I love it, nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. such beautiful colors! compliments the focal perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the spring colors & multistrand design!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The colors and design are lovely. It is nice that these blogs challenge us to get outside of our comfort zone. Enjoy wearing your beautiful piece!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those sweet beads totally enhance the focal you received. Nice necklace! And good for you to stick with things even through technical difficulties.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful and colorful - and looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun soup you were sent, and the necklace you made looks wonderful on you - compliments you quite well. Sorry about your technical issues. Glad you managed to post in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous necklace - it looks perfect on you!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think it works perfectly! The beads you used totally helped pull out all the colors in the pendant. And so MANY Znet beads! ;) I hate that you had problems posting, but it looks great. Here's hoping your twilight zone issues get resolved (or not, whatever works!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very sweet piece. Glad you are keeping it for yourself.
    Janeen Burlingame

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very nice! It makes me think of mermaids for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very pretty. It's looks so good on you. I love that you used the colors of the pendant for your bead choices. I adore mermaids, I have pendant envy!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the spring-like feel of your necklace. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You did a lovely job! Pretty, soft spring colors. Excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh how springy/oceany that looks...excellent job. Looks really great on you!

    ReplyDelete