Pages

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Picot fringe

I was really looking for a ruffle when I started on these, but then I saw a picture of the pointy three bead edging called a picot fringe and decided to give it a try on a two drop peyote ribbon. I didn't want that zig-zag look that comes with it though, and added a second row, alternating so the points wouldn't meet. I absolutly love the way it looks, but I don't like how long it takes to do one simple bracelet, and keeping the thread from catching on the prickly edge is a pain in the tuckus.

I took it a little further and added it to a brick stitch pendant, which I really think adds a great finish to it. And, since brick stitch shows the stitching along the edge, the double picot fringe is awsome for hiding the thread and possible knots.




No comments:

Post a Comment