Pages

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Still beading

The black one was an experiment in a way. Instead of using nylon or polyester monofilament, I wanted to see if I could get nylon coated bead wire to make an acceptable daisy chain…and keep them…I twisted mine apart :(  Admittedly I was absent mindedly overtwisting it while watching a movie (this is why I bead when I'm watching tv)

The blue and white cuff is the one that I learned the net stitch with. I abandoned it about a third of the way through because I felt it was too wide, and didn't want to spend that much time on one simple bracelet. I picked it up again when I was cleaning out unfinished projects.

And the faceted blue glass is made into a cameo style pendant by wrapping in size 11 white seed beads using a brick stitch and making a bail out of a head pin threaded after the stiching was knotted in place.




No comments:

Post a Comment